The Mixed Gas course (certification depends on unit/electronice used) is your next step into closed circuit rebreather diving and with the addition of helium as a diluent gas, it is your opportunity to explore a little deeper. Using the lastest in technology CCR’s maximize your gas supply and provide the optimum breathing gas for any depth by maintaining a constant partial pressure of oxygen(PPO2). During the dives (minimum of 6) your TDI Instructor will teach you all the necessary skills to conduct CCR dives utilizing helium as a diluent gas and oxygen levels as low as 16 percent to a maximum depth of 60 m/200 feet.
The skills include:
- Calculating off-board gas requirements
- Recovering from system failure
- Calibration of electronics
- Emergency procedures
- Removing and replacing off-board gases
- Surface marker buoy deployment